View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snick

living with recovering spouse

I wonder how many recovering addicts/alcoholics find it difficult to find a balance in life. My husband has been in recovery for about 3 1/2 years. I am grateful for AA and the help that it offers. The thing that I don't understand is why is it so difficult to balance AA with life. I know how important AA is to recovery. Is it not as equally important to improve and balance all aspects of your life while working the program?
I have been to a couple of Alanon meetings and have found it difficult to totally relate to the majority that are still living with and being affected by loved ones that are still using.
I know that recovery is ongoing. Until recently, I have been very supportive and understanding of AA meetings and service work. I don't want to control when or how many meetings are attended. I just want to feel like his family is important enough to set aside some time for us.
I am a pretty independent person and do not require a lot of attention but I am feeling neglected.
Is there anyone out there that has gone through something similar? Any advice from those of you that are in recovery?
Thanks for listening. Would appreciate any input that might enlighten me.