View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
wicked

Well there were cousins here and my son was having a great and he didn't want to go see his dad. So, I told my ex that if our son changed his mind that I would call him...
Erica, in my experience it doesnt matter to the alcoholic what their children's feelings are and what they enjoy doing. He wants him now, he thinks you should do what he wants.

Saying how selfish I was..And how I should have made our son go to his house..Earlier, I had told him he could come over and spend some time with the kids. The cousins that were here were his sisters kids, so it was his family too
Ah, you tried a rational compromise. With a normal person this would be great. Sadly with a king baby alcoholic, he sees it as another one of your "evil" tactics to control time with "his" son. He responds with nasty emails and undeserved name calling.
You are not selfish, your alcoholic is the selfish one, and the one who sees his own son as property to be thrown from pole to post at his convenience.
stand your ground mama bear, go to court and get it in black and white, then you can end all foolish conversations with "read the schedule".

I want to add that I , too, was bullied like this. I was raised by an alcoholic father and then married an alcoholic. He found out quickly that if he got loud, I would immediately retreat. to me, loud meant danger, and i was unsafe. I later found out it was just his way of having a tantrum. A big baby.

Beth