View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kittyboo

Hi Artist, welcome....there is a lot of great info and advice here as you will come to see.

I do have to end this relationship, don't I? Or at least get some physical distance.
I feel questions like these are turning points in our lives. 1. I think you have answered your own question.
No one else can control your decisions. You control them. There comes a point when we have to start making decisions because we know it is what is best for us to do, not because someone tells us to do it.
This is part of growing out of codependence and unhealthy relationships. You don't need anyone telling you that you "have to end this relationship"... that means that you feel more comfortable having other people tell you what you should do.

I have learned that I can come here to get support, to gain information about alcoholism, to gain strength by reading the thoughts and journeys of others, but in no way can I come here and expect for someone to make my life choices for me.

I realize you are only asking a simple question....but if you start to focus on you, you will be able to answer this on your own.
What you are feeling is so normal....I still get sad over the relationship I lost a year ago. But I get sad because I fantasize about the man he presented himself to be to me.... I really have no idea of the reality of him, and everyday I wake up and remember that. He is not the man I thought he was. I deserve better. I deserve to be happy. And only I can make that happen.
You deserve all of those things too.

HUGS.