View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
a fallen man

the 8th will be 10 months for me and my body and strength and such has changed immensely in those 10 months.

alcohol never acted that way for me....if i started on a project in the morning i would get it finished but it could definitely looked f'd up the next day with sober eyes with me not remembering do all of it....but i was a vodka drinker.

i went through some lethargy for several months but it seems like at the 4-5 month mark i started getting 'real' energy back. for reference i'm 50 but have been in pretty damn good shape all my life.

i have coached ball all summer and gotten major projects done on my house. but i work at my speed. it's been scorching hot in the commonwealth in june and if i need to stop and wipe down every 3 planks on the fence i do.

i don't put timetables on myself with my projects. they'll get done when they get done and if i die....oh well. i'm very proud of the work i've completed. i had let so much go during the last 8 years of solid drunkeness.

i've done a lot of reading on how alcohol rewires the hell out of our body. if you abused it for years (like me)....don't expect it to be back to go right away. you'll love the fact that you're not drinking whether it was the liver that stopped you or whatnot. good luck amigo.