Thread: Friday
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stayingstraight
stayingstraight

Friday

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a couple days but I have been doing a little reading here and there. Wanted to touch base and let ya'll know I'm still sober. Today officailly makes two weeks for me. I'm real happy about that. I wanted to share an experience I had yeaterday and maybe get some input from you guys. My fiance was off work yesterday and was catching up on some much needed rest. (I'm still on vacation, don't go back til the 11th). Anyway, around 5 pm his younger (23 year old) work buddy pops in with a tallboy budlight in tote. He sticks the other 2 or 3 in the fridge and strands at the counter drinking. Meanwhile, we were all in the throws of watching, "The Invention of Lying" from netflix. I didn't say hi and I couldn't even bring myself to look at him. I'm pretty sure my fiance has mentioned to him that I am in recovery and don't want to drink. It pissed me off. Noone really said much to him and he finally left. We finished watching the movie which I later used as my excuse for not speaking or even acknowledging his presence. My fiance asked me about how I felt about him coming over and I told him I didn't mind that he came over so much as I minded him drinking in my house in my presence when he probably knows I'm trying to stay sober. I thought it was devious and rude and just downright mean. I felt like he was trying to spit in my face in my own house. Do you think I'm being irrational? Do you think I'm transferring my disease to him because maybe I'm jealous or something. Do you think it's me? What do you think is a good coping mechanism for this situation or what would be an appropriate way to react? Please let me know what you think. Thanks, SS