Thread: new to this
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Welcome to SR, curlymems.

I personally can't tell you a happy ending in the style you're looking for. I left my STBXAH 2+ years ago; about a year ago he moved in with a GF, lied about it to me (told me he's just renting a room) and her (told her we're already divorced). I (finally) realized that our young son and I deserve to be treated better and filed for divorce yesterday. It's not the happy ending that I wanted when I first married him, but I am happy that I'm untangling myself from a very dysfunctional, emotionally abusive relationship.

There was an earlier thread on the Friends & Family forum with a similar discussion that you might find helpful until others arrive to offer support and info..... OK, I'm not sure if it's user error, or the fact that I have a reallllly old computer (maybe a bit of both), I can't get the link to work... Sorry. The title of the thread is "any success stories dont involve leaving" and the last comment to the thread was on 06/09/10.

Keep reading and posting here. SR is a wonderful place for support and information and I'm sure others will be along with more info.