View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Welcome Wilson and I hope you get to a better place.

Alcoholism is quite progressive as we all pretty much know. I got sober by just stopping. I had made much change in my drinking habits over the past few years but I never stopped until I just stopped. I could moderate the days that I drank but once I had a sip.....there was total loss of control over stopping. I can't stop once I start. This is key in my recovery.

Years ago, I didn't want to admit that I was an alcoholic because I was able to "function" in some flat liner - occasional blip sort of way. I wasn't an alchi.....HAHAHA....yeah...I knew I was because I couldn't control the drinking and it consumed me. I then lived several years hiding my alcoholic self in the house boozing and running to different liquor stores so as not to show up at the same place 2 days in a row. I was a hardcore "functioning" alcoholic.

I got sober in April after a horrific bender and sought the help of counseling, and SR.

You can do this friend and I would seek the guidance of your dr. if you are concerned.

Alcoholics may be weak to the bottle but in fact are far stronger then most because we have risen from the ashes so to speak and I am so proud to be in recovery and to be amongst probably the finest people I have ever gotten to know through sobriety.

Take it one day at a time and keep posting.