View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
super71

Happy Wednesday to all! It is day 13 for me. I met my sponsor this morning to go on a walk - I like her even more now and feel very comfortable talking with her. I was very unsure about the whole AA thing, but she seems very down to earth and not a big God person either like me. I was really concerned about the religious aspect of it all, I can acknowledge a higher power of some sort, but not the Jesus, God, etc... (hope this doesn't offend anyone) She is also not pushing me to do the 90 meetings in 90 days or anything like that - but has encouraged me to go with her to check out different formats and to try to get to 3 a week - at least over the summer while I am not working. I think this is doable for me.

I cleaned out the walk-in closet in my bedroom this morning and found 4 empty wine bottles, a cork screw and a wine glass...aggh.... I used to drink a bottle BEFORE my boyfriend came over at night (and then hide it) because the one bottle he always brought would never be enough for the two of us to SHARE. Was a good reminder of things.

Wilde - Hang in here girl. Your words in my early days so far have given me so much strength - please know we are all here for you and understand.

mf150 - congrats on 17 days!!

californiapoppy - Welcom - we are glad to have you!

Almath - Thanks for all of your encouraging words!

Breakfree - Congrats on being so strong! It is great to not have that paranoia isn't it?

Myliberty - Congrats on THREE WEEKS! and on your Drs appt. I have one tomorrow and am a bit nervous - I am hoping my bp has gone down a bit since I have quit the drink, but I still smoke..blech. My only physical symptom since quitting drinking is that I am unable to go to sleep at night and stay up half the night and am exhausted ALL OF THE TIME.

Livefierce - have fun on your date and good for you preparing for it before hand by bringing drinks AND explaining to your "date" what's going on with you so that he will be supportive. Good move.

Revelation - I gave up TV - aside from The Disney Channel (lol) which I watch with my kids - the news was so depressing all the time it was just making me ill.

Traderjane, solareclipse, OZ, Discoveringme - How are you guys doing??

Hope I didn't forget anyone!

We can do this - if we just keep trying.