View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
BreakFree

Good Morning Friends :)

I wanted to post last night, but I was just too tired to type my thoughts out. My children and I were hanging out with friends yesterday afternoon and we all ended up hanging out into the evening. At one point my friend reminded me that I still had my beers in her fridge and when her husband arrived home, he did as well. Everyone was drinking either beer or wine and smoking. Everyone but me. Several times I was offered a drink. I drank Polar Seltzer and regular water instead. There were quite a few times where I thought that I could have "just one". At one point, I had even forgotten about this committment to not drinking at all (for anyone reading this that does not know me, I have been drinking "moderately" since the end of last summer). Anyway...I remembered the last time I had been there. How I was so self-conscious about how many beers I was having. I had had 3, but had wanted more. I was SO paranoid driving home that night...it was awful. Watching my friends last night, I was amazed by how many drinks they all had. When I was drinking alongside them, I thought it was just ME kicking them back so easily. And on second thought, maybe it WAS...it's just that I spent the second half of our time trying to STOP drinking because I had to drive. I don't know...The best part of the night was driving home, not having to worry. It was also nice to come into the house and not feel like I was "done" in terms of caring for my children. AND...it's nice not to feel paranoid this morning.

In some ways, I almost rather say "Hey, I am fighting an alcohol addiction" in response to their questions because I almost felt like they thought I was being a party-pooper or (and I'm probably just worrying here) thought I was better than everyone else. I don't know...

Honestly, I didn't miss it. At all. What I did miss was feeling part of everyone...I did feel a little left out. I don't know...

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

traderjane...Peppermint patties are yummy! :) Here we are on DAY 10 partner! :)

livefierce...I have not seen La Croix Sparkling Water...is it similar to San Pellegrino? CONGRATS on kicking the wine! :) YIPPEE!!!

solareclipse...WELCOME and CONGRATS on your (now) Day 4! WHOO-HOO! :)

super71...Good stuff is happening! :) I am so happy you enjoyed your meeting. It sounds wonderful! You are closing in on the two week mark! That's SO AWESOME! :)

Almath...Thank you for your kinds words! :) I love SP too :) It really helped me to stop my daily drinking habit last year.

alexvt...I hope you have a really great playdate today! :) I know you are going come through with flying colors. Just remind yourself that you will feel so much better if you just say NO this time. Each time it will get easier and easier...I promise! :) Let us know how it goes and I hope you get to make your 8pm meeting! :)

discoveringme...I hope you are feeling great today! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Oz...YOU rock! I remember having some night sweats when I stopped drinking everyday. It's so freaky how bad alcohol is for our body! So glad we don't have to worry about THAT anymore! :)

HFA...
Wow only day 2, feels like month 2.
I remember feeling like this. It DOES get better. I promise! And those sweats are a very good sign...just like Oz said. Can you believe you had all those toxins built up? EEKS! You are on your way to a much healthier you! :)

Dee74...Hello there :)

mf150...Congrats on racking up those days! That is SO AWESOME! Keep on keeping on! :)

Wilde10
and californiapoppy...Oh, do I ever know this feeling. Jump back on...YOU CAN DO IT! :)

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day! :)
Love,