Old 07-03-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sdp

Well, here's my story, for what it's worth...

When I was about your age, I moved in with my then boyfriend, now husband.. We would go out and get loaded about once a week,maybe more (for him , definitely!).. it was the thing to do. We got married, I got pregnant with twins(same day!!) ..

Well, no drinking while pregnant, not a problem. I would still go out some, but would tire easily. Then I was put on bedrest, and the big problems began!! He got a taste of going out by himself, and liked it!! that is when the all niters(and 2 dayers) began. I spent my 1st married and pregnant Christmas alone.

After I had the twins, I drank a few times, but quickly realized that hangovers + infant(then toddler) twins = COMPLETE MISERY.. So I basically stopped drinking. And going out. (hub had a built in babysitter, of which he took full advantage)

When I was younger, I thought I had a drinking problem, as I would get LOADED.. However, when you have no kids and no responsibilities, what;s the big deal if you spend a Sunday on the couch due to too much Saturday night?

I think the true test is if you keep drinking and ignore your responsibilities. Nowadays, if I go out, I rarely have more than 3-- the 1st one goes down quick.. second is a little slower, then I'm forcing the 3rd. Plus, it's nice not being hungover the next day. My twins are 10, and I don't think I've gotten really drunk since they were born.

So you are the only one who can tell if you have a drinking problem.. Anyway, just my .02...