Old 06-29-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
incognito70

What if alcoholism is only the beginning? Emotional issues

Oy!

I just had a thought.

Okay, I hope I am not just looking for problems. But, someone said something about covering things up.. or reasons why they drink and having to confront those issues one day.

What if he has other other emotional issues and this is just the tip of the iceburg?

What if his extreme sweetness is because he is dependent? What brought this up is he called me this morning, I was still sleeping. No big deal at all. But he was like, "I'm so sorry honey. I really hate to wake you up." I could hear genuine regret and concern in his voice.

The sun pretty much rises and sets on me, in his world.
He tells me things like he sleeps so much better when Im there.

He's a very masculine man, a man's man, but one touch from me and he pretty much turns into a puppy rolled over on his back waiting for more tummy rubs.

Ive never felt like life stops when Im not around and he cant function without me-- because he does.
Ive never felt guilted but I have felt like he is insecure a little bit. Like one day when my cell phone was dead and he hadnt heard from me he assumed something was wrong, like I was mad at him. He wasnt mad at me, he seemed relieved that nothing was wrong.

Also-- a big clue, he stayed with a woman who was a serious alcoholic for several years, who eventually died from 'unxepected' (or maybe 'sudden' is a better word) alcohol related issues. I asked him once why he stayed with her and he said, "Because I loved her.. who else was going to take care of her, I couldnt just leave her to her own."