View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
incognito70

Does he worry about YOUR feelings, and how his drinking affects you?
Yes he does. That is my guess anyways, because he has said to me many times, "If you have a problem with anything please let me know" Also one time we talked, very briefly, about whether I'd ever move in or not. I said I didnt want the kids witnessing drinking every day. He looked genuinely concerned and admitted that wasnt good. Did he care enough to immediately quit? ha.. no. But he recognized it.

The position we are in right now though is that I have been totally accepting of his drinking. I have said very few small things. I admit Ive been overly impressed with all his other good traits so Ive let it slide. Im ready to confront this tho and I know it isnt my fault, I cant change it, and Ive been sucked into minimal (but admittedly some) dysfunctional stuff and I want to keep it that way.

I dont think he'll blame me or anything.. he had this problem looooong before me and he's never spoken a harsh word to me. If he does.. I know I will recognize that and it will change my feelings for him and I'll have an easier time walking away.

I have a feeling if he doesnt wish to change it he will only admit defeat and that he doesnt want to.