Old 06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Buckley

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
People that don't have a drinking problem of some sort, have absolutely no issue with not drinking.
I agree with this 100%.

Hi Kate,

I didn't seek out a recovery website until I actually thought that I most likely had a problem with alcohol.
I have tried SO many times to slow down, stop alltogether, even not drink for TWO days, and I was just so powerless that I couldn't do it.

I have gone 13 days today without drinking, and I know NOW for certain that I am an alcoholic, and it is not a question of abstaining or slowing down anymore. I will NEVER be able to drink like a non-alcoholic. I will never be able to stop at just one.

I know how hard it is to be surrounded by it, which is why I am trying to avoid all places where I know that alcohol will be like the plague. I feel so much better. I am happier, my soul is lighter, my friends and family can see the difference, and most importantly, I am actually looking forward to my future for the first time in a long time.

I don't remember the majority of my twenties because of drugs and alcohol. I'm 34 now, and that makes me really sad. Don't do that to yourself.

Keep posting. This site has worked wonders for me.