Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
incognito70

wanted to add-- I know 7 months isnt a long time.

Things have seemed to have progressed for us so "normally". Its confused me like, "This guy is an alcoholic, but he's so dang NORMAL"

We had the romantic fairy tale affectionate romantic beginning. He woo'd me, but not overly so.. nothing unaverage. Just very very nicely.

Life has settled into more average and routine. He still wakes up telling me, "Good morning sweetheart" and never lets a meal pass, that Ive cooked, without telling me Im a fabulous cook and thank you. Tells me at least a few times a week that I am so dang cute. Tells me he loves me and appreciates me every day. Ive never seen him be irresponsible towards me or so that he can be with me. Or towards his job. Like, he'll tell me often (because he goes to bed so early) "I wish I could stay up with you sweetheart, because I love being with you so much, but I need to go to bed so Im not tired for work tomorrow"

The reason I have came here is, I dont want my kids to see a beer in someone hand daily. I still, at this point, feel like he is excellent to me and seems to have very good control of his drinking. Perhaps he can and will stop. If he doesnt, I absolutely am strong enough to not let myself excuse drinking and will end the relationship. The next reason is I care about him and dont want him to suffer medical consequences. But I also know I have my own life goals and dreams and letting my kids see someone drink every day isnt a part of that.

While his drinking would seemingly not have any affect on me and what I want to do in my own future, if his drinking caused bad health for him THAT would affect me and also, tho his drinking doesnt cause my kids to see anything big and bad, they DO see beer in his hand and I do not want them conditioned to grow up thinking beer is a daily thing.