Thread: Hi, I am new
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lovesdogs

Wow, Thank you all

Thank you all for your responses. It is truly overwhelming to get this kind of support from people I don't even know! I sat here in tears this morning reading your comments.

I don't know my next move yet but I know it's not do nothing. Luckily, I have a diary of events and I even documented one evening on video, in the back of my mind preparing for what I think is the inevitable. I don't know about others but I ultimately feel sorry for my husband. I KNOW I will be fine. I have a very supportive family who knows of his struggle with alcohol but only my sister knows the full on whole story. I have a lot of friends who I know will help me through this. I can see him much like TJPs husband in another 10 years. He will still be drinking and blaming others for his unhappiness. The sad thing for him is that I won't be comfortable with anything but supervised visitation so I worry about his relationship with our children. He travels a lot for work now (at least 2 if not 3 or 4 weeks of the month) so my daughter is used to not seeing him much.

Finding Peace, everything you said resonates with me. I have been so consumed with him that I have forgotten myself in this whole mess. I used to be a really fun person and now I feel like I am so serious because I hve to be. I've almost lost myself in his problems which are ultimately mine now.

I will definitely keep comging back for support and hopefully offer some to others too.