Old 06-27-2010, 12:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
incognito70

Hey, thanks for the response.

He actually talked to me once about reducing it. I didnt know what to say. I have no experience in what alcoholism feels like or anything so I kinda acted like, " duh........ ok" lol

What I know is this: he lived a pretty hardcore life up until the last relationship. Meaning, he partied a lot, was in several car accidents with friends driving drunk (he says he never drove drunk).. and did some other drugs. He said at the time coke and meth were his favorites. He does no other drugs now.

So.. eventually, he began his last relationship. which lasted for the last 8 years. She was a serious alcoholic but not into the partying life style ( and I suppose, he was getting older) so he spend the last 8 years staying home drinking.

I also know that before he bought his house ( a year ago) he lived with an older guy.. he was a drunk too. He died. ( he was old) and also his (my bf) girlfriend died. 2 really major happenings in his life. His gf, who died, had her own place, but those 3 all pretty much lived together and stayed at the old guys house.

But it also means... here he sits now, in a house all alone ( well... Im here a lot) his whole life style changed. He doesnt live with 2 alcoholics anymore. Instead of living with someone who was an alcoholic and having an alcoholic gf, he has his own home. and me, who doesnt drink much.

This is all changed within the last 1 1/2 years.

he says he drinks much less.

I wonder like... what do I do? he DID talk to me about not drinking. Do I start a conversation about, "Hey, would you consider actually QUITTING?"

I just dont know. On the one hand Im like... he's had so many changes over the last couple years...do I ask about quitting? do I ride it out and see what happens? do I confront him on this problem?

its weird for me because he seems to have life under so much control. he isnt a drunk who screws up anything.