Thread: Hi, I am new
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
3DogNight

After having a light bulb moment today, and researching alcoholic's, AA, closet alcoholic's etc, as much as I hate to say it, I am glad I'm not the only one who has wondered... is it me??? I've been reading this site for about 4 hours now.... AH passed out on sofa, (he'd say he was taking a nap) and it has been helpful already. I am sorry that y'all have had to go through some of the things that you have and feel fortunate that my situation isn't quite as bad. My AH is not physically abusive, I think he knows he'd end up dead while sleeping....as I have made myself perfectly clear on the subject of abuse, how my mother went through it and it would NEVER happen to me. However, there still is the manipulation and him making me feel like I am crazy.
I haven't decided what course to take. We have had several discussions, each progressively getting more serious, the last one he promised he would never drink again because he realized that he couldn't control it, didn't know when to stop and didn't want to lose me.
He is a closet drinker, his favorite poison is vodka so I can't smell it. I don't drink but maybe 4 drinks a year, I come from an alcoholic family and know that it would be to easy for me to become an alcoholic so I have chosen to not drink.
We have been married for 27 years, it has just recently become a problem. I really don't know what happened, unless maybe it was me waking up to reality.
Thank you for the support I feel I have been given through other postings, this is not an easy thing to go through and unfortunately, knowing I am not alone makes it a little easier.