View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
traderjane

Staying Sober ROCKS!!!

First of all Welcome Refcat and Welcome Back KC!!!

Second, I just want to say that it's Day 6 for me and I have zero regrets about stopping drinking.

It occurred to me that when I drink, I really limit the things I can do that night to pretty much staying home and being on the computer. When I don't drink, I can go out, drive around, talk to people without fear of them thinking I've been drinking, etc. What a world of difference.

Last night I decided to got to the grocery store and get all stocked up for the wekeend (my parents arrive today). I went around 10:00 pm, and it was a WONDERFUL time to go grocery shopping. It was not crowded, I found everything I needed and my cart didn't keep bumping into others like it does on crowded daytime hours. It occurred to me that if I had decided to drink last night, I would wake up with the groceries still to be done and a hangover to boot and I'd be scrambling trying to fit it all in. Besides, I like the feeling of being sober and being able to talk to others with a clear head and no worries about what I'm going to say, etc.

I slept like a rock and had really really wild dreams. That is the normal me. They were wild and good dreams. I dreamed I was back in England and the dream just got crazier and crazier as it went on. But I love it! When I drink, I do not dream, or if I do the dreams are laced with anxiety. I do not miss those nights at all, not even a little.

My son's birthday party is in a little while... I planned the whole thing and it's at a laser tag place. Should be fun! Have a nice day everyone!

Laura