View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
yeargr8,

You have made a lot of assumptions.

I'm supposing we come from different experiences, as my opinions and observations are welcomed and respected. I don't see life outside the rooms of AA as hostile and unforgiving. Anything else does not encourage knowledge, understanding and growth.

In any case, as you posted (along the line of) if you don't like it, there is a liquor store on every corner, is a phrase I heard recycled and regurgitated 100's of times within AA. Apart from it being thoughtless, I don't see how it can be considered helpful. It does however give the idea to get with the program or get out. So, to this end, AA an amazing place? For me? no.
Thanks gerry yeah you are right i have made assumptions and we know that assume stands for making an ass of u and me...

I made the liquor thign up ive never heard it before but i baed it on the suggestion in the BB that if you arent done go and try some more controlled drinking:-)

Dont know where you got the impression that the outside world is a rough place from my post...i used AA as a bridge to normal living and thats how i live now...the world is an easy place to live in once you stop fighting everything and everyone...

AA is an amazing program and i do agree it has flaws as have been pointed out but the boggest one for me is people thinking they have to go to AA and then moaning about it....the only requirement for membership is a deasire to stop drinking...thats desire not whim...

At the end of the day we are judged on our actions not words so i can post as much as i want here without anyone knowing whether i am living it or not so it is just my opinion on a forum...but AA did work for me and im just a drunk and if a drunk can get their head out of their ass and their ego for a short while it can work for them too...

Good thread:-)