View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Galago

Hi Sobermax and everyone following this thread! I posted earlier and now have some issues to add.
Today was my 4th AA meeting. It was a big weekly open one and there were a lot of people there, as were piles and piles of didactic AA propaganda (I use this word intending the non=negative kind of course!)
The more I read and understand the process and program, the more I think I'm going to have one hell of a time reconciling my personal worldview and the steps. Really this is about learning behavioral changes and thought processes, socialization with others who share alcoholism, learning to live without chemical dependency... what does "God" have to do with that? I just don't believe in god. Help!
Not that I'm looking for a reason to give up. Quite the contrary, I've made it throught the week without drinking and I am more committed than ever to this process of becoming truly sober, but I have to say I really will have to look for a similar format to AA without all the God stuff. But AA has definately helped me through this week, if only to show me that I am not alone right here in our little corner of the world.

And thank you all so much for keeping the threads going on this site. I've found it wonderfully helpful, and enlightening.
-G