View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
Yeagr8,

"Just remember a bit of humility too you knocked on AA's door, they didn't knock on yours"

......" you might give the group of strangers that are all trying to help you a bit more slack and if it gets too much, there is a liquor store on every corner."

That sounds like typical AA shaming, admonishment and ridicule offered when someone strays from the AA mindset.
Thats your perception and opinion and thats cool:-)

Like i have said many times i dont just use AA for my recovery and am certain that if i said today to my CBT counselor that i wasnt sure i liked his sobriety or made some comment about how he was working i would be told much the same thing, you knocked on my door for help not the reverse so jog on go somewhere else...

How about you go to a judo class and start telling the instructor what you think of him and how you arent sure whether his tesching method is right...what do you think would happen...

I presume you work? Get your boss to one side and tell him he doesnt seem in your opinion to run the company right and you aren't sure about his strategy and you arent that keen on your co-workers...

Isn't AA a really amazing place, everyone is welcome and even if you voice you don't like the people, the program, the room, etc you are still welcome back with open arms...and you even get people like me to flag up potential danger signs and try and give a little help in the newcomers journey through their own rela life experience of the route to recovery:-)

Dont worry too much about sobermax there will be plenty of people to give a pat on the back and say everything will be ok too...

Let me know how you get on with your boss;-)