View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LisaJean1970

Hey there, just a quick update. Hubby is still sober, and I'm STILL pregnant. Two days overdue, now. They're inducing me next week.

Hubby's job requires him to be on call most of the time to drive.... Meaning he can't drink! He does not drink on the job, or go to work drunk, so if he's on call, well that is a good thing.

He's working a lot of hours, but we are doing great. I greet him with kisses and dinner when he gets home most nights, and pack his little lunch bag every morning. I joked with him that I could get used to this housewife thing. He laughed, and said he'd do what he could.

Even though he just started his job, he will be able to get off the day I am induced, so he can be with me for the birth. Things are really starting to look better for us. I think it has to do with my trying to be supportive, and not just suspicious and accusatory toward him. That is, I'm honestly trying to work with him, rather than waiting for him to screw up again. I decided that if I love him and want it to work, I have to not boot him out every time he slips.

I've also been re-reading some of my posts to other people. Isn't it funny how sane and sensible we sound when we are giving someone else advice, but not when we are talking about our own situations? LOL! :crazy