View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
Obviously, not every AA'er that has been sober for 10 years goes everyday. It's like life in general - there are all kinds of people in the world - there are all kinds of people in AA. Stick with the winners (as you should do in life and in AA).
Aint that the truth...remember we are a bunch of drunks in AA or not! We have people that think that just coming to meetings twice a week is sobriety as much as there are people that think going to the gym twice a week and not drinking is sobriety?!

As has been said look for the similarities and stick to the people who's sobriety you want...only drunks could make this so damn complicated...its simple logic...at work if you want to progress do you look to your boss/MD or look to the postal clerk for inspriration and advice on your career???

IMO It's useful to remember that EGO has kept us in our addictive behaviour for many years and the first thing our EGO does with any route to recovery is look for the differences, e.g. they aren't happy or they talk rubbish or im not that bad...the EGO will do and say anything to survive...EGO is rigid and only thinks in terms of black and white, it cant survive in grey areas so when i find myself looking at or hearing something and thinking straight away no thats crap i like to slow down and think ok who is saying that me or my EGO...first of all you have to be able to identify what is EGO and what is you which is a great part of the 12 step process in AA and a big part of the CBT counselling i also use as a resource to progress and maintain my sobriety...