View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Sasha4

My partner started an affair when I was seven months pregnant.

We had tried for our baby for five years.

I had an awful pregnancy, I was really poorly.

I had a marathon 48 hour labour. My baby's heartbeat kept dipping really low.

I had an emergency section and she was born weighing barely nothing.

In the first three months, I never had more than two hours continued sleep as I had to feed her. I often did that alone, as my other half was out entertaining and wining and dining his mistress, although I did not know.

When he left, I struggled on my own. Miles away from my family I never felt so lonely, so tired and so sad.

But I got stronger.

Soon I preferred just me and my baby girl with no miserable other half to put up with who had really not wanted to be there. I cherished every single moment with her. I enjoyed days out and walks. My friends and family rallied round.
I also got time to myself when he had an agreed visit. I think she spent this time on her own. Pity that was on a weekend when you think they might want to lie around in bed together or go out places.

He on the other hand went into a downward spiral.

He looked like h*ll most of the time. He drank far too much as he could not cope with the guilt of it all. He developed insomnia from the guilt of what he had done to his first born daughter. He was villified by his friends, work colleagues and family. He was run ragged as anytime there was a problem in the house he had to make time to come round and fix it and this caused rows with his new lady friend. He also cried everytime he came to visit his baby girl then had to leave. He became insanely jealous when male friend showed an interest in me.

I wish I could give advice to the woman whose husband you are having an affair with. It would be - at first it's hard, then after a bit you will become strong and relish your new life and your new found freedom. Just imagine who you may meet and what may happen - what an exciting thought. The other woman - she's got her man. And what a fine speciman he is - a liar and a cheat, a mummy's boy, who lives in a shed. Who's out there for you?

His new relationship lasted no more than two months after it all came out.

Personally I could never do that to another woman. End of.

I hope it works out for you with your 'dream' man.