View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Anon1972

Originally Posted by MsAngel View Post
Have you stopped to consider this is really why he is contacting you? Like I said before you are his escape from his misery. What he fails to realize is that much of his misery & unhappiness is internal.

Even if he leaves his wife & you two get together, he won't be happy. Short-term he may be, but long-term he will face the same misery he faces now. You may love this man, but you can't fix this man anymore than any of us can fix our alcoholic spouses. As has been mentioned many times, alcoholism is a symptom of a deeper problem & that deeper problem is not his wife or kids. It is actually very likely that his alcoholism is the reason his relationship with his wife is failing. It is very possible his wife is finally pushing him away & he is seeking someone else to take her place. Don't believe his version of things, because alcoholics tend to warp the truth to fit their needs. My AH has a nice story on how it was my fault he completely trashed our house.

If you start a real relationship with this man while he is still drinking & without him (and you) getting some serious counseling, then you will find yourself on a long road with a lot of pain ahead. Read many stories on here on what people go through with alcoholic spouses & ask yourself if you really want to put yourself in that position. Don't think you are different or that your love is special or that you can somehow fix this man, because none of that is true.
No, he WAS attracted to me when he first saw me, which is why he approached me to begin with. And if he did leave her, we would be happy, because I would do ANYTHING to make sure he was 110% happy. I know why he drinks and no it's nothing to do with her, it's deeper than that, but he's on home detox now, so the alcohol issue is being resolved. It is possible to make someone happy so they won't cheat or be unhappy with their partner! (Google it if you have to, but most is common knowledge) You just have to be able to satisfy a man, as cheesy as it sounds, with variety, and keep the excitment going, then he has no reason to want to stray. She is clearly not giving him happiness, but I know for a fact I can, otherwise I wouldn't be doing this. Anyway, I can see my question isn't really going to be answered so it's pointless in me being here.