View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PieRat
A Pirate looks at 40

Originally Posted by Anon1972 View Post
Long story but cutting it short (or trying) 5 years ago I had an affair with a good as married man (not officially married but long term partner & 2 kids.) I ended up spilling it all to his missus. 5 years later it happens again only I haven't told her because I love him and don't want to hurt anyone, (I've grown up a lot and I'm generally not a bad person! Don't judge me cos you can't help who you fall for!! And he's explained that I'm everything he wants but he met her first etc. and he feels awful about pursuing our affair behind her back but can't help his feelings for me, and it's not about the sex because he see's me without it! so anyway he's said he's stopping drinking so he can sort his head out , he's at this moment on home detox, and says he'll definitely get in touch when he's reached sobriety. I was just wondering how Sobriety affects the personality, will his feelings for me still remain? I mean despite his drinking, he knew what he was doing with me, and because he's so used to drink his body made him act as good as sober.. and when I asked him if he thought about me the last time he got off the drink he said Yes all the time, so yeah I was just wondering and asking for opinions on what might happen or how he might change? Please don't judge my situation! It's not a typical "other woman/married man" affair!
Ummm Welcome to SR... I am not sure how I want to reply....yet.