View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:54 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Yes, I am an addict--addicted to many things. I just gotta remember that AA, as the name implies, is Alcoholics Anonymous (not addicts anonymous, or an other thing). AA, regardless of some AAer's opinions, has a Singleness of Purpose, and that is alcohol/alcoholism, and alcohol/alcoholism only---no other substances involved. AA says it is to help folks attain and maintain sobriety (freedom from alcohol, and alcohol only). If I wish to be free from any of my other addictions, I go elsewhere (NA, GA, SLA, whatever), but I go to AA only for my recovery from alcohol/alcoholism. Matter 'o fact, I can smoke, eat, do other drugs than alcohol, and as long as I am free from alcohol then according to AA I am sober/recovered. Plz note, these are not my opinions, but taken from AA's writings (most by Bill W himself), and Bill W wanted to keep AA soley focused on alcohol/alcohlism. I may not personally consider myself clean unless I'm free from all mind-altering substance [according to NA (even NA excludes tobacco from these)].

NoelleR