View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
alaninok
Paused

I have been reading alot of posts here, and I have decided this is day one. I will not take a drink today. I am still concerned about my wife, I still call her that. Here is the story about that. I asked my wife to move out after a terrible fight we had, she actually cut herself up, and beat her face against the wall then called the police on me. We were seperated for 3 1/2 months and she had not looked for any help, I thought she had mental problems and with her not getting any help I filed for divorce. It was granted, and when I told her that is was done, she went off the deep end. But in the process of all that she ended up in treatment (for codependancy) Her mom works for a rehab facility, and suspected she was using and knew they would find the truth. 2 days after she was there, she called me and told me about her problem. I was completely caught off guard, I had no idea at all. But after realizing how bad things were, and her health problems, it was like a rude awakening. I finally realized how much I do really love her. And I want to work things out. I know she is mad at me now, she believes it is my fault she is there, and she is mad at her mom right now also, and won't talk to either of us. Her mom is also a 16 year recovering A. She says that she will realize and things will get better, but all I can do now is wonder, and hope that she will give us another chance, CLEAN and SOBER. I will keep you all informed on our progress with both our situation, and our disease. Thank you all for your info and support.

Thanks,
Alan