View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nightowl
Paused

worried about his health

of course I always need something to worry about. My SO has bene doing very well. No argumentativeness, no rantings. Things have been very calm. he is actually getting along very well with my oldest daughter. We have been happy........all of this AFTER I finally had the big talk about all the things that have been bothering me. I was keeping a lot bottled up and nothing was changing.

But he is still drinking....not ready to deal with giving it up. But he has cut back. I know it is probably only temporary I suppose. But he does seem to be putting forth an effort. But last night he had a few too many....I can tell when he has popped open those last two he shouldn't have. He has sleep apnia (sp?) I guess that is what it is....when he drinks too much. He stops breathing and his stomach does this weird "twitching" thing. It scares me. I usualy just jostle him and he starts brething normally again. He also is getting a bit of a belly........not a typical beer belly but a kind of tight poochy belly. How do you know when they are having liver problems??

I just find it hard to believe that you can consistently drink that much beer and not pay the price. What are the signs of health problems?? He seems healthy enough but the breathing at night is really concnering me. And of course causing ME to lose sleep.