View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by triegger
I guess it was just the realization of what I am up against and the plain damn truth that I dont want to admit I have a problem.
And until you do admit to yourself that you have a problem with alcohol, it's going to be a very long taper. And just between you and me, the spiritual and emotional pain will soon make the pain of withdrawal look like childs play. I know this from first hand experience.
Physical withdrawal from alcohol is a reality, and not to be taken lightly. People have died from it. However, in many cases, as you have read elsewhere here, the discomfort ranges widely. But it all has to start with one day without the drink. There is no way around that. This is where it comes down to one hour at a time. Or less. You may have seen this link elsewhere.
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/withd.../aa000125a.htm
Be very attentive to the signals your body sends you during withdrawal.
You can absolutely do this for yourself. My last withdrawal episode lasted 72 hours. I wanted to lift my fingernails up to get rid of the little creatures that were dancing under there. That's an extreme, but nevertheless represents what alcohol abuse can lead to. In the end, I was drinking multiple bottles of vodka daily. Big bottles. But I made it. And so can you.
be thinking about me
You got it.