View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
triegger

Unhappy What the Heck, Lets do Day One

Morning all,

I a newbie to this board and posted my first post on the alcoholics board yesterday about tapering off alcohol to avoid serious withdrawals. I got good information, and made a Dr's appt.

So how did my taper go, sat here last night reading the forums till about 4:00 am drinking the whole way. No offense, but the more I read the more depressed it made me. I guess it was just the realization of what I am up against and the plain damn truth that I dont want to admit I have a problem.

As I am sure we have all said "I can control this, I can stop when I want" I will tell you I am afraid. I have not hit rock bottom and from the many of the posts lots of us are functioning drunks. I am afraid of how many day ones I will have to start because of little voice that says its just one drink. I will butcher the quote but something like "1 is too many and 10,000 is never enough" or something close.

So guys here goes my day one. Not sure when I had my last drink somewhere around 4 this a.m. but lets call 9:00 a.m. when I decided I am a drunk. God I hate to admit that, I am a drunk. Somewhere, the disease crept up on me and if it hasnt yet I know will make my life unmanageable.

I am glad I found you all, be thinking about me and I will keep you posted.

Triegger