View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

Originally Posted by Wilde10 View Post
Melinda,
It sounds like you really had a very very bad day on Friday... You had a 4 orientation course as part of the recruitment process? O did you get the job and this was an induction? I am not clear about what happened with the job, but obviously you had a real bad time but you did it!

Hope you could sleep last night. Happy to see new faces and to see that everybody seems to be doing so well.
Hi Wilde,
Thank you for the message.

I had applied the day before after I saw an ad for summer school teachers "needed immediately." I went in, filled out an application, and whoooosh down the stairs came a very aggressive man asking if I could come in the next morning for orientation. He photocopied my drivers license, background check, and said "see you tomorrow!" I guess I was hired on the spot?

I guess it was a bit of an induction. As I sat there I looked around the room at the other three people's faces, for some hint that the others were thinking what I was thinking. They all had robot smiles and seemed really into it.

I was so turned off and intimidated by this principal that I even agreed to show up the next morning at 7:30 am!

I thought about it the whole drive home and was sure I never wanted to see/speak/or hear from this man again I called and quickly told the secretary my name and that I was not accepting the position. Click

Thank you for asking about the sleep. When I arrived home I was able to take a wonderful two hour nap. It felt great. I also slept very well last night from 2 am until 2 pm! I've always been someone that can sleep abnormally long.

Thank you for thinking of me. Talk to you soon!