View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

Originally Posted by Severian View Post
I feel you Melinda. Packed on 40 pounds in the past 5 years. 375 ml of whiskey = 900 calories. Plus 8 beers = 1240 calories for a total of 2,140 alcohol calories 5 nights a week (average). Add a Dagwood sandwich or some leftover pizza to that and I was popping down well over 3,000 calories per binge. (Then there's the next day - Hangovers like sausage and bacon more than salad.)

I want to get very strict on my diet and exercise regimen in the next week or so, but on day 4 I don't feel too bad having a little bowl of ice cream in the evenings because I know I am still WAY down on my calorie intake.

Oh yeah - DAY 4

My first day 4 since February. And I was a miserable puke about it then. I'm still feeling pretty good about this sober run. Yay, me!
Hi Severian!!

Since I've become sober I have been allowing to eat pretty much whatever, whenever I want. Any treats we can give ourselves will help us to not drink for today. I've been drinking lots of regular Coke, juices, etc.

Oh I hear you about the hangover cravings for food. I know some people can't keep food down after a heavy night. Boy that was not me. Maybe it also helped me to tolerate the food because every night was a heavy night for me.

During the last six months of my drinking I would wake up around noon, looking and feeling like h*ll, scrounge around for my keys and rotate which drive through to go get hangover food. This always meant a huge hamburger, fries, and enormous soda.

Right at the beginning of the hangover I could drink a 32 ounce coke in probably two minutes, being so dehydrated and all. I would do this everyday. I didn't quite make it to the point of drinking in the morning, but I would binge on junk food.

Now when I wake up my breakfast is a bowl of cheerios, milk, normal stuff.

But my tip of the day is treat yourself to anything but alcohol.