View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

Originally Posted by crystal67 View Post
Day 10 almost complete :-)

The weekend was pretty tough but i just kept busy busy busy!!!

I cant tell you how good it feels living in sobriety - my confidence is coming back, as is my self esteem, and an inner peace.

Only now that i am putting some distance between myself and my drunkeness can i appreciate what a mess and a rut i was in. I was literally dragging myself through from one day to the next.

Now, I can concentrate and perform so much better at work. I am a better mother, and a better friend :-)

I know I could never have done this without the support of SR -thank you so much
Go on Crystal,
What an amazing feeling to have your confidence coming back. I worried sometimes that I thought mine was gone forever. I knew I was done when a close friend saw picture of me from three years ago and said, "That doesn't even look like you!"

If that isn't a wake up call I don't know what is.

I gained 30 lbs in three years from drinking every single day. Binge drinking. I would try and lose weight but of course that wasn't happening because I was consuming an extra 1000 calories a day, or maybe more?

Lost 10 lbs so far and looking forward to tackling the next 20. Man this feels great. It's hard as h*ll but feels pretty d*mn good.