Thread: sorry
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Starburst
Persevere, Never give up!

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Grace, I'm just reading this now - and everyone else has already said the good stuff. I'll just add that I admire you for coming here and telling the truth. How easy to just pretend it never happened.

You have a strong desire to get well, and you will. The normies don't & can't understand how hard it is for us to get on the right track. I failed many times to stick to my promises, and some people became disgusted and lost faith in me. When I realized that, it caused me to drink even more. The day I stopped worrying what others thought and focused on myself was the day I began to heal. Either they would try to understand that I never meant to hurt them, or they wouldn't. I had no control over that. I hoped they would love me enough to move past the bad times in my life and believe in me once again. Regardless, you can only focus on your recovery for now. You never have to go through this again, Grace. We believe in you and know you can triumph over this disease.
Hi Hevyn, I just wanted to say I admire u for being honest, (you have a right to your opinion). No we don't necissarily understand, I want to that is why I am here, I dont want to throw away 27 years of my life, for this disease, my AH overcame this once, I forgave him, He has relapsed again, but this time its so different, (last time he drank openly, and didnt care, he had no family). I dont know where to start. He hides it, lies, sick all the time, makes every excuse not to do something, but that doesn't mean i dont love him, I do, our relationship has survived worse. I just want him to get better! Thanks for sharing.