View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jadmack25

Welcome Lisa. I am so sorry you need to be here, especially with a baby on it's way.

By the time my late ah really upped his drinking and became difficult to live with, our kids were adults so I never had the horrendous problems of those with children dependent on them, and in abusive alcoholic marriages.

I can certainly understand your dismay and anger at finding him lazily sitting around, doing nothing but drinking, while you at near full term are working at a cr*p job, for cr*p wages to pay bills etc, and doing the housework too.

Ok, so now you will not have AH at the birth, and may have to get used to the fact that he may not be in your life as an active partner ever, unless he gets thru recovery and decides he wants sobriety and responsibility.

You can only do 1 day at a time, so for now concentrate on you, your health and well being and arrange for someone to be with you at the birth. See what benefits or income you get thru Government (if any) and ask for any help you need....right now pride is a luxury.

Take a deep breathe and rest as you need to, and know lots of wishes and prayers are heading your way.

God bless