View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
KingsCross

I was absolutely terrified to quit drinking "forever" last year when I stayed sober for 4 months. I slipped back into drinking because at the time I had no craving for alcohol and just had 2 beers one day. I fell back into drinking easily, really without thinking about it. I wasn't craving alcohol, so I was not worried about resuming daily drinking.

Now that I am on my second sobriety quest I'm not worried at all about not drinking "forever". It seems my 4 months of sobriety last year removed my fear of going the rest of my life without drinking. In fact, I think it's a good idea now that I have experience how easy it is to slip up. I didn't crave alcohol at all, but it seemed like a good idea to have a few.

I think what it really is your brain trying to convince you not to stop drinking. Sick, huh? But you've trained yourself that alcohol is great, you feel so good, it solves so many problems. But when we are sober we can see that all that is a lie. So don't worry about not drinking "forever". That will solve itself. One day at a time.

Kudzu: I've had limited experience, and everyone reacts differently to supplements, but all it did for me was to increase the effects of the alcohol and prompted vomiting and a massive hangover when all I did was consume my normal (excessive) amount which would not cause those effects. So for me, all it did was make me feel worse. Gee, thanks, just what I needed!

You can do this. I had a blast when I was sober. I can't wait to return to that state. We will all help you get there.