View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zach
zach

at 6 weeks it was a very deep struggle for me, all i wanted to do was use, it was something that i had to accept that i will have the rest of my life, im 7 months clean and sober , in meeting all i heard was that i couldnt use, but thats not what they're saying, they were saying that i dont have to use, and thats how it is today , today i dont have to use or pick up,whick i am so greatful for, some things that i did and still do are ask my higher power to keep me clean and sober throughout the day , i read some literature, i go to a meeting, i talk to someone in recovery via computor but most of the time on the phone or in person and thank my higher power for keeping my clean , and if the urge does get to be too much, something my sponser told me to do is mentally, allow myself to use but go past that happy state of mind, to go through the after effects, i dont know what they are for you but for me it would be loss of trust,throwing 7 months away,basicly losing everything, anyway hope i helped in some way , like others said , it does get better,life doesnt get perfect as ilearned the hard way but it does get better