View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
shelly009

Yoga retreat sounds fun TJ!! Have a great time, I am jealous!!

I am on Day 7 whoo hoooo... thats a week for me! Best Ive done is pregnant twice for 14 months (breastfeeding etc) but that was 6 and 8 years ago... and then last year around this time I made it 6 weeks and then slowly started drinking again once a week and then quickly came back to every 2 or 3 days UG... I know I will end up drunk 3 days a week again and smoking if I touch booze again so I am happy to stay away.

I am really looking forward to seeing how my life turns out in the next few years sober. I like to look at it as a fork in the road with two different endings... I can see the scenery and the end of both roads... this road is a much happier serene place so I plan to stay.

Thanks SR and June group!! I look foward to getting to know you all

OH and the things that help me:

1. Definitely sugary drinks and eating whatever I want. I tend to like healthy foods anyway so I am enjoying the tastes of the fruits and veggies I used to ignore.

2. Excersise is a MUST.. even just walking. You can walk 5Km in an hour or run it in 30 minutes... thats about 400 calories burnt. Enlist a friend, you'll feel so good!

3. Keeping busy doing things I couldnt do while drinking or drunk.. road trips, day trips, out to a movie, hiking, biking, museums, shopping etc.