View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
traderjane

One of the guys I went on a date with recently just emailed me and asked me out for "dinner and drinks" this coming weekend. Fortunately I am going on a yoga retreat and was able to say "No thanks." Then he writes back, "Would you be interested in dinner/drinks after next weekend?" I'm not. Ughhh.... I have no interest in dating right now and I think it's because I'm trying to get my own personal act together. Aside from the fact that I don't want to "go out for drinks."

Also, I'm a group called a "Wine Club." It's not what you think. It's not like we get together and discuss and drink fine wines. It's just a bunch of women who like each other and want to get together on a Friday night to have some food and wine together. It got termed "wine club" because we all like wine (with the exception of one woman, who prefers beer and pot - LOL!) Well, what am I going to do about this??? I don't want to lose these women as friends. They are not alcoholics. Two of them have husbands who are alkies. I'm thinking of going and just bringing my own bottle of lemonade or something and telling them straight out that I've quit alcohol for health reasons. The last time I went I did drink too much (not falling down drunk, but too much to feel good the next day). I should remind myself of how great it will be if I can go and come home and get sober sleep and wake up feeling good the next day!

Well, at least I've got this weekend covered --- lots of yoga, healthy foods, silent hikes and no drinking. Ahhhhh.....