View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Desert2trees

SS - I'm so sorry I haven't been in the forums for a couple of days. Know this: we are all pulling for you girl! If you aren't getting support to get through today at home, from your family.... you will get it here. We care.

I have some heavy abandonment issues too. I am also grieving. I know you feel alone right now... even in a room full of family. I know this is one of the hardest days of your life so far, and you are probably aprehensive about rehab. You CAN do this. You have already done things to stand up for yourself and your health. Keep standing!

Tomorrow, when you check into rehab, you will see that its a safe place, and there will be others just like you in there.

As for Ryan... C'mon girl, you know you deserve better than a FB brush off!! You take care of you right now, its the best thing you can do for you. When we have abandonment issues, we tend to hold on to unhealthy relationships... you don't need to keep hanging on to someone who doesn't even care about you enough to face you when they feel the relationship isn't working out, just to have someone, anyone, in your life. Your life is yours - make it awesome! Once you learn to love yourself, you can then find someone healthy to love who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

I am so glad you got to a meeting, and had the wherewithal to be more honest with yourself and your family. You are stronger than you think lady!