View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
mrphillipctrs1

The one thing that I got out of the relationship with my XAGF is a new relationship with God. The rehab place she was at was a Christian ministry for women who are in crisis. It's foundation is to seek God and his works.

The transformations I have seen from the other clients there was unbelievalbe. The church is on a small farm, surrounded by the director's house and the pastor's as well. I don't know if I ever felt the spirit of the Lord as I did there. I had never been baptized before and since a couple of the clients were going to have it done, I made the request.

The church used a small creek on an old country road for the baptisms. When I first saw the creek I was thinking of the O'Brother Where Art Thou scene where those two inmates got baptized. When I came out of that creek, I knew my life had changed.

Because of my faith in God, my constant prayers and being able to talk about it here on SR I am going to make it. I feel God giving me piece and when I begin to think about the past, I rebuke it like the devil himself.

Just as Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by Satan himself, so shall I come out of this wilderness because of my faith. I have seen it in action!

Phillip