View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
StevenD

It's true, many of us alcoholics smoke. Sadly, I'm one of them. I think cigarettes are evil and are slowly killing me. I know that to be true and I plan to quit that addiction next.

However, for me, my alcohol addiction is MUCH worse than my cigarette addiction. Yes, it's true, both will kill me. The difference is, when I smoke a cigarette, I don't black out, call my friends and family with insane accusations and lies, go to jail, go to psych wards........the list goes on and on. When I smoke a cigarette I finish it and resume my daily life. I still work on recovery and being a better person, even while I smoke. I cannot say the same for when I drink.

I chose to battle the biggest demon first....alcohol. Next will be cigarettes although I am not too worried about that one at the moment.

My end goal is to be totally substance free. Just for today, I won't drink and I know that the day will come when I quit the cigarettes too. I have a ZERO chance of quitting smoking if I still drink and drug.

Just wanted to share how I feel about my different addictions...I am so grateful that the weekend is here and I'm not hung over and/or drinking.

Have a great day everyone!

Steven