View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hope4Recovery

I respect your success and spiritual awakening. But, when does one become "recovered"? I am not living on an island where i don't have access to alcohol - I too have been successful in not drinking in the presence of alcohol. My neighbor's father also had a spiritual awakening but relapsed nonetheless. I am thinking people do not become "recovered", but are in a constant state of recovery. This is what troubles me - the lifelong process. A I pointed out in my previous post, you probably wouldn't be here if the spiritual awakening was enough. I see the spiritual awakening as reaching a state of "nirvana" - where we are free of all desires, so to speak. This process is not easy and not accomplished by many. We have so many desires in life that make this process difficult - for example, needing money to pay our bills, desires to become successful, etc. My point is, that for all of us, this is a long road with a lot of hard work. You should be proud of your success though - especially with both alcohol and gambling, and the fact that you are faced with temptation (i.e., mini bars, complimentary drinks) on a regular basis. Thanks for your input. I wish you ongoing success!