Thread: Bill W and I
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Originally Posted by Liver
have met [Bill W] a few times but I didn't like what he had to say. I hope this time I am a better listener.
I sat in the same room with the same group of people talking about the same subject one day and then again, 3 years later. That day, 3 years later, I actually heard what was said because I wanted to get it.

For me, recovery is about keeping an open-mind and listening more with my heart than my head. I've never been one to adhere to the status quo, especially when it concerns my recovery.

We may have the same or similar afflictions, but we are all unique, three-dimensional individuals...and we get it when we want it (at least I did).

I don't always agree, or even like, what I hear, but I respect that each of us are on our own paths and that this is not a one-size-fits-all deal.

In early sobriety, some days I had to not drink one-hour-at-a-time...whatever it takes is what it takes. 'Suppose that'd be OHAAT?

Congrats on your sober time. I read your first post too and am hoping you check yourself out with your dr. - just to be safe.