View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Recovery1983

Hey somewheresomeone, the people in rehab are not scummy people. I went to rehab last year and although I relapsed after 10 months, I can assure you the people in there are quite the opposite. Yeah, some people in there might be there for court ordered but the staff and most of the people are there to get better. It is no different than the people on here.

If you have any questions about rehab, there are plenty of past posts on here that talk about it and other's experiences of going through it. If you want to hear my personal 30 day inpatient story or just even have questions, dont hesitate to message me.

Rehab or anything else what solve your problems instantly and even after 30 days you still have to do work. What it will do is put you in a safe environment where you can just concentrate on yourself. From the info that I have gathered from your posts, I think it would be wise to go into rehab if that is what you truly want. You are not just suffering from alcoholism but you are also suffering from emotional pain and loss from the uncle and ex boyfriend.

If you go to a counselor, that might only be 1 hour. You will still have the rest of the day for temptations and you'll more than likely just think about the bad things which will tempt you to drink. If you go into the rehab, they constantly have activities and small groups and other programs that keep you busy throughout the day. There are many rehabs out there but I went to The Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs. They are NOT a spa, wine and dine type of rehab. They have a very structured program and you have to be out of bed by 6am kind of deal. They even give you ratings on how well you keep your room clean. As bad as that sounds, you'll realize that it is for the best.

I'm super glad to see you post. I have been at that stage where I'm just a lost person drinking, however. You are also dealing with a loss of a uncle and an ex boyfriend. I cant imagine what you are going through emotionally so I guess i'm worried. Just concentrate today and keep posting. Thank you for posting and letting us know what is going on.