View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Recovery1983

Hey Someone, I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I'm not going to lie but if I were in your position, I'd probably use too. I did a tour in Iraq and while I was out drinking here in the states, I found out of people I knew that I had died during duty. It is hard to cope with those things. At that time, I was already drinking so it just gave me more reasons to keep drinking.

When it comes to relationships, I want to be that tough guy but deep down, I get very emotional. All my relationships always end up bad and yeah, it really hurts. People will tell me to get over it or go do this or do that but they just dont know. A lot has happened to you over a short period of time and you do need time to grieve. In fact, you deserve it. Like everyone else has said above, drinking wont help. Drinking wont bring back your uncle or your brother. Drinking wont bring back your ex boyfriend. Drinking might make you do regrettable things. Drinking will only numb the pain temporarily and the pain will come back twice as hard when the effects wear off. Point is that drinking wont do you any good, however. I might be condemned for saying this but maybe drinking is okay for you right now.

In the end, drinking will not be the answer and it will only make things worse. I dont know you but I dont think any less of you for drinking right now because like I said, it would probably be what I would do. None of us can know exactly what you are going through but I am sorry that you are feeling pain. I'm still new to this sobriety thing too but I would suggest you to talk with your therapist or maybe even your friends or parents. Whatever you do, I do hope the best for you.