SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - How Long???
Thread: How Long???
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just Breathe1

The longest my XABF went in one of his "changed" periods was about 3 months. Towards the end of the 3 months I am pretty sure he was drinking and hiding it, and his old attitude started to resurface. During the 3 months that he went without drinking he was very nice, and helpful. However, after those 3 months, once he started drinking again it was worse. My XA had these periods quite often, it was one of the things that made it so hard to end it. He gave me just enough good to be willing to overlook the bad.

I can't say what your husband is or will do, but I can say that for me just not drinking is not enough. I used to ask my ex to just stop drinking, but then I realized that not only was that not a possibility, but it wouldn't be enough. He needed a program to teach him how to live without the alcohol, cause I don't think he knows how anymore.

You need to decide what you need, and then try to set some boundaries to ensure that you get whatever that is. We're here for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Breathe1 For This Useful Post:
Jadmack25 (05-26-2010)