Thread: hey you guys
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 11:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Teke))) - sweetie, if he's depressed, it's NOT YOUR FAULT and you can't fix it. He has to work through his grief in his own way. Wasn't he angry, there for a while? He's just going through the stages.

When my mom died, I had heard about the stages of grief, but had no idea that my dad and I would be going through different stages at different times, and darned if THAT wasn't hard...he'd be wanting to talk about her, I'd want to NOT talk and NOT think about it (I'd be angry at God, the world, etc). Another day, he'd be moving on with life as if nothing had happened (sort of like denial) and I'd be wanting to talk to her...talk about frustration!!

I think you're doing exactly what needs to be done. He NEEDS to get out of the house and back into life. The longer he sits in your house and does nothing, the worse he's going to get. You're letting him know he's loved (but he knows this...I promise), but that he needs to act like the grownup that he is. It's one thing to want to be around family, but it's another to just sit around and do nothing and mooch off of family when you are young and need to have a life.

If I were you, I'd keep texting him, occasionally, to tell him you love him. If he says something about you not wanting him to be there 24/7, I'd say something like "sweetie, you're 27 years old..I'm praying that by not being here, all the time you'll find time to be with friends, have fun, get a job..ENJOY your life...it's what you deserve". Obviously not in those exact words, but something like that..JMO. He may not "get it yet", but at least it's giving him some it would be my codie way of saying what I want for him...not camping out on my couch, playing video games

Hugs and prayers!

Amy