View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
jlr5

Hello everyone! I haven't been here in a few days!

Today is two weeks. 14 days. *****oooooo!

And welcome to all the people I've missed coming onto this thread since last week! This is a great place.

I had a bunch of in-laws sweep in starting last Thursday and they will not be leaving until next Friday. Quite frankly, I'm going a bit nuts. Today, I blissfully have the house to myself for the day while they all went out.

I keep telling myself "wow, this would be a complete disaster if you were messed up". As it is, I'm am hanging in there. I'm smoking like a maniac, but I'm still sober (they don't smoke and I get to hear alot about that). One thing at a time.

Cravings -- wow. I had some that just about knocked me over last week. I was in a meeting this weekend where a woman with 21 years said she had really wanted to drink that day (her house had gone into forclosure, and some other stuff had happened). They happen. Now that we know there is help available, and that there is a way to get that help, we get to choose.

So today, or at least this hour, I want to be clean and sober. Just for today.

Tonight, when the family arrives back home and I am crazy again, it may be a little tougher, but then I have to work harder and get to a meeting, pick up the phone or log in here or something.... other than drink/use.

Funny story, I'm in the car with all the in-laws and husband (humongo car -- seats 7) after dinner last night. People are bickering back and forth, I am gritting my teeth, and the radio station starts up with Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive". I burst out laughing. They looked at me like I was crazy.

I figured that was my Higher Power giving me a giggle and a wink.